If you find yourself here you should have come here via the facebook group Backyard Chickens of Mississippi started and administered by Scott and Julie McDonald of Conerly Road Farms. Now that we have all associations cleared up to make sure you are at the correct location let’s get on with the real business at hand: those in need.
Most of you know that my name was drawn in the giveaway on February 23rd. The truth is as excited as I was (and am) that my name was drawn I do not need anything via hatching eggs or chicks. What I need is to finish these fences. HA! So I hatched a plan (see what I did there?). I am donating my winnings back to the group for a donation drawing to collect money for charity – for those truly in need.
My family is a big supporter of World Vision and what they do for people in need around the world. Our big support is not always a financial one, we aren’t rolling in the green dough over here. We do what we can to share. This is sometimes what we do in lieu of birthday and Christmas presents for family and friends around here – gifts in honor of them.
World Vision is about helping others help themselves. Through monetary donations they give small farm animals, fishing supplies, clean water and other needs to families around the world who can use these things to survive, better their lives, and create an income for themselves. Will you join me in helping as many families as we as a group can by making a donation? In turn you get an opportunity to win a little something yourself.
One of our favorite ways to give is through the Gift Catalog. Since so many of us are backyard chicken owners, small farmers, homesteaders, whatever-you-like-to-call-yourself-chicken-lovers-and-owners I thought this would be a great way to raise money and help via what we all love.
Just The Facts
- The drawing will be held on the evening of Saturday, March 15th, 2014.
- We will video tape the drawing and post it on Backyard Chickens of Mississippi facebook group.
- For each dollar you donate your name will be entered into a drawing to win what I won from Scott and Julie.
- The winner will get 8 Heritage Barred Plymouth Rock chicks!!
- Use the big yellow button below to donate.
- Be sure to type your name in the note section so I know which name to enter.
- You must be a member of Backyard Chickens of Mississippi facebook group to enter and win. Names will be cross-referenced.
- You do NOT have to enter the drawing to donate, just mention NO NAME.
- You do NOT have to have a Paypal account to donate.
- I set up a special email account for this fundraiser LippenCroft.Donations@gmail.com It is attached to my farm Paypal account. All donations through this email address will be marked for this alone.
- With the money donated I will make a purchase on behalf of Backyard Chickens of Mississippi facebook group on the evening of March 15 right after the drawing.
tutorial photos below; click to embiggen
Now let’s see how many people and families this group can help!
Update: Donation link removed, deadline has passed.
We raised $105 to use towards the World Vision Gift Catalog and we were able to help three (3) families with gifts of 5 ducks each. THANK YOU ALL WHO DONATED!